Advice And Counseling
Staying informed of California’s ever-changing employment laws is essential to a successful business. Ms. Lynch provides employers with day-to-day counseling on various employment-related matters to proactively minimize employment claims and lawsuits. Ms. Lynch can assist with issues such as:
- Independent contractor/employee classification,
- Exempt/non-exempt classification,
- Meal and rest period compliance and other wage and hour-related issues.
Ms. Lynch can also assist with issues related to hiring, promoting, demoting, disciplining, policy enforcement, leaves of absence, and termination.
As part of Ms. Lynch’s counseling function, she regularly drafts and updates critical employment policies, procedures, and agreements, including:
- Employment applications
- Offer Letters
- Employment agreements
- New hire documents
- Employee handbooks, including California required policies
- Sexual harassment policies
- Independent contractor agreements
- Separation/Severance agreements
- Equity compensation and Stock Option agreements
- Employee arbitration and class action waiver agreements
Ms. Lynch also advises employers on preventative action and issues relating to disability, the interactive process, and reasonable accommodations, drug and alcohol testing requirements and limitations, reductions in force, issues of liability relating to plant closings or mass layoffs, and WARN notice requirements, workplace violence and violence prevention, COVID-19 issues, and many other key workplace topics.
As the myriad of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations become more complicated every year, Ms. Lynch strives to keep her employers informed on how these laws affect their business practices and the best business practices for compliance. For help with your business’ compliance, contact Ms. Lynch. Call 949-516-9864 for more information or reach out to Ms. Lynch online.